Private Ben

>> Friday, 14 November 2008

I still remembered the incident vividly like it was yesterday. We were commission to study the geographical terrain of the IMU library. When the captain was briefing us, everyone surrounded him and attentively listen to the aim of the mission except Nick whose visual field was limited by his short stature. From that very moment our path intertwined and our bond as blood brothers were forged. Ever since I meet him, life in this forsaken camp became bearable. We shared many happy but not gay moments together with our comrades, private Dick and private Chew (we don’t have so much in common with the rest of Easy Company as they were shot dead or blown into pieces during the first invasion of Normady beach; private Kevin Chua our communication specialist drown in the sea before he could see any action and private Ivan was captured and made as POW in Italy. He died of STD two days later). I will forever cherish the time we spend training our sharp shooting skills and organising our strategies in Point Extreme and also our ability to build aeroplane and fly through the sky in Vista. It is sad as we have to part after the war has ended and transferred to other states to serve our beloved motherland. I hope our bond as blood brothers will be everlasting and will not be shattered by the sands of times. Happy birthday

0 comments:








  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP