Private Dick

>> Monday, 17 November 2008

Private Nicholas, this name brings back memories. He and I, together with the rest of our comrades were conscripted into the army to serve the nation in times of war. The first time I got to know him was when we received army training in IMU (Intensive Military Training Unit). I remembered he was bragging to his comrades on how he owned them in DOTA (Defensive Offensive Training for Army) with a sniper. Being naturally me, the so-called 'super-soldier', I was curious and so approached them to offer my help in their firearms training. It turned out that Private Nicholas was indeed a sniper genius but of course I was better than him. During our entire training course in that military school, my experiences with all eleven of them whom I have grown closer to over the years were of bittersweet memories. We cried, we cursed, we bitched, we rejoiced, we worked our ass out to perfect that hellish circuit training we had every morning. Remember the time when Commander Pook used to breathe down under all our necks when we performed poorly out in the field? I could swear Private Ben Jern almost pissed his pants. Great times. The last time I saw Private Nicholas was when we were seperated after being parachuted out of nowhere during operation Omaha Beach. Soon war was over. I got sick of it all and finally retired from the military. Then one day, news reached me that you were still alive and have been promoted to the rank of Commander. Thank god I found you my friend. This friendship will live with me until the day I leave this world. Happy 23rd birthday my friend.

0 comments:








  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP