THANK YOU ALL COMRADES!!!

>> Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Attention all comrades!

Major Nick here, reporting for duty! =)

Yesterday morning was a historical moment, as Private Dick handed me all the details to take command over this wonderful military shaped blog, a truly wonderful gift to me on my 23rd birthday.

I can't believe it! I've stepped into the realm of blogging, something I thought I would never do despite being together with a blogger who is also my beloved gf. Oh well, I guess things do change, and I certainly will cherish and make full good use of this new blog of mine.

As a first entry, I’d like to personally thank everybody from Easy company and the paramedic and nursing division (all the girls la) who came and prepared my birthday celebration, as well as those who gave their well wishes to me. It was a bash! Very happy as this is my first time celebrating with friends over a potluck dinner, away from my homeland and deep within enemy territory (that’s why we’re all always so stressed la, LOL! =P ) Appreciate the effort u guys and gals put in to prepare the food: Fried rice, fried bihun, fruit salad, sandwiches, nuggets, fried and baked chicken wings, the tiramisu cake, and the main highlight of the dinner….the yummy “SERIOUSLY CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!”, specially bought by my beloved darling! =D Words cant express how greatful I am to you all, to be able to sacrifice ur time by putting on hold wateva mission (a.k.a. research project or studies) that you all were attempting and tracking over kilometers of no man’s land to arrive at supplies depots where the food supplies were obtained from and bringing back to “J Battalion Camp” (JBC).

Special thanks to my two good comrades and barrack mates, who have worked so hard trying to get this blog online. I love the look of the whole blog, particularly the very real pictures of us in combat gear (which we all look so cool and heroic in but actually all a bunch of bastards that would scurry away at the first sound of a gunshot, in a every man for himself fashion, LOL, just kidding =P But hey, that’s why we’re called Band of Bastards right? ; )) as well as the lovely and emotional opening theme from the Band of Brothers. WAY COOL!!! When I saw the blog, I was immensely stunned bcoz from the way it looks, I can tell a lot of hard work and time was spend of nt making it a success, and I truly appreciate and thank u both for it. Cheers! {Tabik hormat}

Last but not least, I’d like to thank everyone who contributed to the blog. Very happy and amused by the many touching and also funny posts. Very good and creative imaginations la, can create funny war stories and also twist reality into a military situation, salute, salute. =D Your birthday posts mean a lot to me, very touched by all of you. =) Without Easy Company, life would be meaningless. I am very greatful to be part of this company. If there's anybody who I can count on in a battlefield (besides nurse Ee Wan that is, after all, she is a paramedic ; ) ) its got to be you guys......i hope. =P

Long live Easy Company! long live Band of Bastards!

Comrades forever! {Salutes} =I

Signing off duty for the day,
Major Nick

0 comments:








  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP